In the first part of this series, I went through my approach for creating a New Yorker inspired visualization of income along The Orange Line on the Boston T.
For this post, we take a look at the The Red Line. Below you will see median household income along both lines of the Boston Red Line.
Ashmont/Mattapan Red Line
Braintree Red LineA few notes:
1. Census tracts cover about 1,200 and 8,000 people
2. The census tract for Park St. did not return a median household income, so I used an adjacent census tract instead.
3. The red line splits into 2 lines: one ends in Braintree and the other in Ashmont, hence the 2 graphs.
4. At the Ashmont stop you take the Mattapan Trolley to Mattapan, so I combined these into 1 graph.
5. Sadly, plotly does not support hover on mobile. So, if you want to see more info try hovering over the markers on your laptop.
6. For code details, please see the first first post.
In Part III, we will take a look at the The Green Line.